We know from our own instagram account (@luxtravelbible) that these days hashtags and holidays go hand in hand. Now it’s not just the journey and destination that counts but your ‘likes’ and interaction on social media.
With a staggering 80 million photos being uploaded to Instagram every day our friends over at On the Go Tours, decided to find the most popular destinations based on their hashtag to create the definitive list of the most ‘instagrammable’ tourist attractions in the world. England and American top the charts, both with three attractions in the top ten, with Europe filling the rest of the gaps. Despite being declared as the ugliest building in France by legendary French novelist Guy Maupassant, who ate lunch in the café at this structure’s base every day to avoid looking at it, the Eiffel Tower comes in at number one. So without further ado here are the world’s Top Ten most instagrammable sights... the worldwide web has spoken.
To see all the top 50 spots head to https://www.onthegotours.com/Instagram-wonders-world/
Get more social media bragging rights by heading to On The Go Tours, the specialists in locally-lead group tours to over 480 destinations in 60 counties.
1. Paris (@awesome_around)
2. Big Ben (@tmnikonian)
3. Grand Canyon (@brockoli6)
4. London Eye (@zorkahejdova)
5. Empire State Building (@wildnewyork)
6. Golden Gate Bridge (@lifebyeric)
7. Tower Bridge, London (@travellingthroughtheworld)
8. Statue of Liberty, New York (@exclusive.luxurylife)
9. Sagrada Familia, Barcelona (@archi.dope)
10. Colosseum, Rome (@architectureoskar)